David delivered a workshop for cultural leaders in Minsk on Strategic Planning in the cultural and creative industries, to help boost the Creative Economy in Belarus.
Commissioned by the EU-Eastern Partnership Culture and Creativity Programme, David designed and delivered the workshop with regional expert Volodymyr Vorobey.
Workshop participants were cultural leaders and creative entrepreneurs who are successfully growing their cultural and creative enterprises in Belarus.
“The workshop was useful and beneficial to me. I learned more about strategic planning. David was an asset to this program and an inspiration! I liked the seminar and how he presented the information. It was accessible and exciting. I loved it and enjoyed the seminar a lot.”
– Olga Rudak. Creative and Cultural Leaders. Minsk, Belarus
The strategic planning workshop was designed to increase the strategic planning skills of cultural and creative leaders in Belarus, using strategic planning models, techniques and tools adapted to the the needs of cultural organisations and creative enterprises in the context of the Creative Economy in Belarus.
“The workshop was really good and absolutely relevant. It’s a chance to re-think current and potential projects to get maximum effect from them. David is a great speaker and a great motivator.”
– Dmitri Bezkorovainyi. Creative and Cultural Leaders. Minsk, Belarus
The creative business workshop was held at Loft Balki, a creative industries hub and workspace in Minsk.
David and Volodymyr designed the workshop, which used a blend of presentations, group work and discussions, supported by printed materials and additional online resources.
Some strategic planning tools, techniques, articles and other resources used in the workshop are also online and available for other leaders in the cultural and creative industries to use:
– ‘Create Your Own Business Formula’ – article available to download in several languages (more…)
– ‘T-Shirts and Suits: A Guide to the Business of Creativity’ – free eBook version in English (more...)
– Vision and Success. The importance of a Strategic Vision and clear Definition of Success (more…)
– Internal Analysis of Strengths and Weaknesses using the PRIMEFACT checklist (more…)
– External Analysis of Opportunities and Threats using the ICEDRIPS checklist (more…)
– SWOT Analysis for Creative and Cultural Enterprises (more…)
– Competitive Advantage. Online article and downloadable PDF. (more…)
– Strategic Marketing. eBook ‘Chase One Rabbit: Strategic Marketing for Business Success. 63 Tips, Techniques and Tales for Creative Entrepreneurs’ (more…)
also connected to the strategic planning workshop…
– Cultural Industries support project to help arts organisations and cultural enterprises to become more financially self-sustaining and enterprising at a time of public sector cuts – ‘Fit for the Future’ (more…)
– Strategic planning workshop participants and others can sign up for free information, ideas, tools, techniques and special offers to help them make their cultural organisations and creative enterprises more successful (more…)