The Design Business Association has commissioned David Parrish to design and deliver a business development workshop for creative enterprises in the field of design.
The workshop will be held in London on Tuesday 25 October and tickets are on sale online now.
The half-day workshop “How to Create a Winning Business Development Plan” will help design businesses grow in a strategic way, dealing with competitors effectively and focusing on the right markets profitably.
David is a specialist creative and digital industries business growth strategist. He has advised design and other creative businesses in the UK and world-wide.
His creative business development training workshops on business growth, strategic marketing, leadership and other business topics have helped hundreds of businesses to become even more successful.
About the Business Development Workshop
Levels of competition in the design industry are increasing. To stay ahead you need to take a proactive and targeted approach to developing new business. Applying a coherent strategy to your new business effort will help you to set long term plans, safe in the knowledge that you have a healthy flow of work through the business.
Get ahead by developing a future-focused plan for your new business activity. Creative industry expert David Parrish will share practical guidance to help you transform your new business effort and truly master the ‘soft sell’. By taking a strategic approach to attracting and acquiring new business you’ll be able to keep your new business pipeline well stocked with engaging and rewarding projects for your team.
This workshop will cover:
- Setting your coherent business development plan: what are your goals, aims and tactics?
- Developing your plan: how to take a proactive approach to business development.
- How to understand your position in the marketplace, and identify where you want to grow.
- How to use your marketing strategy to target and communicate with the right audience.
- Methods to continually monitor your plan to ensure you’re meeting your business needs.
- The ability to develop your business development strategy to acquire more new business.
- An understanding of how to use proactive methods to gaining new business.
- The confidence to target your offer to the right contacts to stand out from the competition.
- The ability to take a strategic overview of your direction and opportunities so you aren’t missing out on potential clients.
Move on from chasing one-off projects and worn out leads. Using a timely, well-considered and coherent plan will help your business grow in the right direction – without the hard sell.
David Parrish, Speaker, consultant, trainer and author on business creativity.
David helps creative entrepreneurs make their businesses and organisations even more successful. He has set up and managed enterprises in the creative industries throughout his career. After learning about business primarily from practical experience, he later went to business school, graduating with a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA).
David’s management consultancy clients include high-growth businesses in the creative and digital sector, creative industries support agencies and specialist business development projects world-wide. He has advised hundreds of creative enterprises about business development, marketing, business strategy, pricing, intellectual property, leadership and financial management. David speaks about creativity and business at conferences and creative industries events world-wide.
His latest book is on strategic marketing: ‘Chase One Rabbit: Strategic Marketing for Business Success. 63 Tips, Techniques and Tips for Creative Entrepreneurs’.
He is also the author of the highly-acclaimed book ‘T-Shirts and Suits: A Guide to the Business of Creativity’.
The Design Business Association (DBA)
The Design Business Association (DBA) is the trade association for design in the UK; building the bridge between designers and businesses, and championing effective design.