David delivered an online Exporting and International Marketing workshop for creative businesses on Thursday 05 November 2020.
“I attended a workshop session led by David on Exporting and International Marketing – this was a really useful overview of the key areas to consider in developing and diversifying creative business for overseas audiences. It reassured me that we are on the right track, but most importantly was an accessible and enjoyable conversation.”
Victoria Barker. Research Manager. Earthen Lamp
David’s online workshop is about Exporting and International Marketing: Opportunities and Issues for Creative and Digital Businesses.
The interactive workshop is designed for business owners and managers who:
- Want to increase their understanding of the opportunities and issues involved in exporting.
- Are considering exporting and international business for the first time.
- Already have a few clients or partners overseas.
- Are developing export strategies for particular countries.
- Want to strengthen their existing exporting and international marketing strategies.
The content of the interactive workshop includes:
- An overview of the opportunities and issues involved in exporting and international marketing.
- Key issues to consider before exporting.
- The main things to consider when marketing internationally.
- Examples of successes achieved and problems encountered by businesses when exporting and marketing internationally.
- Illustrations of best practice and some problems encountered in international business from David’s direct experience.
By the end of the workshop, participants:
- have an overview of the opportunities and issues involved in exporting and international marketing.
- be aware of the key issues to consider before exporting.
- Understand the main things to consider when marketing internationally.
- have learnt from examples of successes achieved and problems encountered by businesses when exporting and marketing internationally.
- have heard illustrations of best practice and some problems encountered in international business from David’s direct experience.
David Parrish has extensive experience of international business, having worked in more than 50 countries worldwide. He has scaled-up businesses internationally in his business career. His current business exports services worldwide.
The workshop is part of the Creative Scale Up Programme, organised by the West Midlands Combined Authority in the UK.
David is also available as a one-to-one Mentor and a Business Coach for group sessions on the Creative Scale Up Programme. He specialises in creative business models, strategic marketing, export and international marketing, plus various matters associated with business growth.
The Programme is designed to help any creative business in the West Midlands region with ambitions to grow and ‘scale up’ including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
David also delivered a workshop on “How to Maintain Creativity in a Scale Up Environment” for the Creative Scale Up programme.
Details of that workshop, plus testimonials from clients and links to additional resources are online here.
Here are some comments from participants in David’s previous workshops for the Creative Scale Up programme:
“Brilliant workshop today, David. Really appreciate it.”
Philippe Ingels. Managing Director, WAKSTER
“It was a great seminar – really inspiring, incredibly useful, and I’ve already implemented some of the info. Thanks again.”
Michael Nolan. Nolan PR
“David is clearly a font of wisdom on innovation and entrepreneurship. I’ve already implemented several of the pearls he dropped, and certainly will continue doing so. Moreover, his delivery made it all fun, and he facilitated great communication between all involved, leading to some valuable connections and burgeoning business relationships.”
Luke Richards. CEO and Creative Director. Black Cat Entertainment
David Parrish delivers interactive training workshops on international business, creativity and innovation, marketing, intellectual property, leadership, business strategy, pricing, financial management and other business subjects. He has devised and developed a range of training workshops which he delivers at locations worldwide and online. His workshops are specifically designed for owners and managers of digital and creative businesses. They are also relevant to businesses and organisations in other sectors.
The Creative Scale Up Programme is a £1.3 million 2 year programme funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. It aims to help Creative Businesses in the West Midlands with targeted support including Access to Finance, Marketing and Branding, Value and Pricing, Intellectual Property and Contract Law and Sales, Pitching and Presenting support. This will be delivered through a series of workshops, seminars and peer to peer mentoring sessions.
For any general enquiries about the Creative Scale Up Programme please contact the Creative Scale Up Programme Manager Fiona Latter. Contact details and more information are online here.
Read about other events, webinars, interviews, resources and business advice, which are part of David’s response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 Crisis. The page includes videos of past events as well as notice of forthcoming events, plus some suggestions for future collaborations (more…)