During the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses around the world are responding creatively, finding new opportunities and adding value in imaginative ways. This page empowers and inspires Creative Business Responses to the COVID-19 Crisis.
SPECIAL PROJECTS, ACTIVITIES AND COLLABORATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
David is collaborating with individuals, businesses and organisations around the world, to find and share creative responses, to foster new collaborations, to create new content online. David is working in partnership with a range of organisations, creative hubs, business support agencies and creative enterprises to provide online webinars, workshops, presentations, events etc – and to create new content to share freely worldwide. Online events are usually recorded and published as videos. This is part of his ongoing mission to empower creative entrepreneurs.
David said: “At this time, ‘business as usual’ is difficult or even impossible. That applies to my own business as well as the creative enterprises in my network all around the world. Right now, I want to be useful. That’s why I’m collaborating to provide webinars, videos and deliver other projects. I’m also researching and writing about creative business responses to the COVID-19 crisis. And I’m offering even more free resources than before, to empower creative entrepreneurs.”
Contact David if you would like to collaborate to provide a webinar, training workshop, discussion group or to create new content to help businesses to devise and implement creative responses to the COVID-19 Crisis.
Below are a few recent examples and more are added frequently. Contact David to collaborate to create a new event or project.
– Presentation on Cash Flow Planning, including a free downloadable spreadsheet to use. This was a collaboration with Baltic Creative in Liverpool. The video of the event, plus the downloadable spreadsheet are online here.
– Webinar on Pricing (“Three Dimensions of Profitable Pricing”) for creative enterprises in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The webinar is online and useful for businesses in other sectors too. This was a collaboration with Foundation 787 in Sarajevo and supported by Swiss EP at Swisscontact. See complete webinar video and additional pricing information online here.
– Creative Business Responses: A Conversation.” David Parrish with Zulfiya Abdukhalikova. An Instagram Live event, hosted by Impact Hub Almaty, Kazakhstan. More details and video online here.
– Webinar: “The Art of Virtual Pitching”. Hosted by Global Entrepreneur Network (GEN) Nigeria and the Enterprise Development Centre, Nigeria. More details and videos online here.
– Diversification Workshop: “COVID-19 Business Strategies: Creativity, Diversification and Transformation”. A new Interactive online workshop, focused on helping creative and digital businesses to increase their creativity and innovation during the COVID-19 crisis. More details online here.
– Free Business Resources and Information for creative and other enterprises. These include a free eBook, guides, videos, online courses and other information online here.
– COVID-19 Business Strategy for Creative, Cultural and Digital Businesses. Emergency measures, pivoting in a crisis, rebuilding an enterprise, redesigning your creative business, plus other approaches, techniques approaches and information. Read more here.
– A new ‘COVID-19 Diversification Matrix’ that can be used to generate new ideas and options, then used to devise a business strategy for the crisis (more…)
– Webinar: “The Post COVID-19 World: What it will look like and how you should prepare for it.” Presentation and discussion at a webinar hosted by Havila Business School, Nigeria. (Thursday 14 May 2020.)
– The ‘Designing Your Creative Business’ system (more…)
– RE-Design Your Creative Business. Now is the perfect time to change your business formula (Crisis = Danger + Opportunity).
Use the ‘Designing Your Creative Business’ Toolkit publication to devise a strategy to deal with COVID-19 and achieve both commercial and lifestyle success with a new business model.
– Creative Entrepreneurship Essentials. A starting point for devising new strategies in the creative, digital and cultural industries (more…)
– Work-Life Integration. Redesigning your business and lifestyle in a new configuration. Read more here.
– Business Advice Consultancy for the COVID-19 Crisis
David continues to support creative entrepreneurs through one-to-one confidential business advice sessions online. He is offering additional support to existing clients during the crisis.
During the crisis, David has the capacity for additional online business advice sessions.
Contact David about COVID-19 business advice online.
– Creativity Loves A Crisis. Especially at times of crisis we need creativity. Indeed some of the most creative solutions in human endeavour have come about because of a crisis. See TEDx Napoli talk on “a-Creativity : i-Creativity”. Watch video or download article.
– COVID-19: It’s time to follow the love. A section of my marketing book, republished free of charge during the COVID-19 crisis (read article).
– Maximising the Monetisation of Creativity. An interactive webinar for creative businesses in Albania, in partnership with Swiss EP Albania. (more…)
– Grow Your Creative Business in Uncertain Times. David Parrish interviewed online by Patricia van den Akker of the Design Trust (more…)
– Culture and Creativity in Times of Crisis. David Parrish interviewed by Ragnar Siil of the Cultural Policy Designers Network (video…)
– Webinar: “Business Strategies for the New Normal” in partnership with GEN Philippines on 21 May 2020 (more…)
COMING SOON! Several more projects are in the pipeline and will be announced when confirmed:
New online courses: These video based courses include “COVID-19 Business Strategies: Creativity, Diversification and Transformation” and “RE-Design Your Creative Business”. Due for release in May 2020. More details here.
Workshop: “Managing and Pivoting the Business Model” online workshop for entrepreneurs in the Philippines on 04 June 2020 (more…)
“Managing and Pivoting the Business Model” online workshop for entrepreneurs in the Philippines on 04 June 2020.
“How leaders can inspire creativity for business success”. An online lecture at Leadership School Armenia. 15 June 2020.
Article: “African Creativity Responds to the COVID-19 Crisis”. To be published in Ethos Magazine.
Other potential projects are currently under discussion with organisations and businesses in Japan, Russia, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Nigeria, New Zealand, Namibia and the UK.
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.”
– Sun Tzu. The Art of War.
Contact David with your stories about creative business responses to the COVID-19 crisis.
Creativity can be found in enterprises in the creative industries sector and also in other sectors. Creativity is not exclusive to the “creative sector”! (See my TEDx Napoli talk about a-Creativity and i-Creativity). Creativity happens both in the studio AND in the business office. We can apply creativity to our business models, marketing, financial management, collaborations, intellectual property, and many other aspects of running a creative business.
“In order to mark 2020 World Arts Day, Foundation 787 launched campaign celebrating women in creative industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina and providing them with content and tools to thrive. One of the important elements of the campaign was webinar held with David Parrish on pricing in this industry. In this interactive session, David elaborated on three important dimensions of pricing while giving a number of relatable examples. Over 50 participants engaged in fruitful discussion, which went significantly over the envisioned time-frame depicting in the best manner sparked interest and relevance of inputs, especially in the times of crisis caused by COVID-19. It was true pleasure collaborate with David in a thorough preparation process and the implementations itself. We are looking forward to collaborating again.”
– Dajana Dzindo, Executive Director, Foundation 787, Bosnia and Herzegovina
David has developed a range of interactive creative business training workshops which he has successfully delivered around the world. These can be adapted for webinars, virtual events, lectures and presentations during the Coronavirus COVID-19 crisis. Check out the workshops here. Contact David to discuss ideas for collaborations, events and new content.