David delivered a pricing webinar for creative industry businesses in Bosnia and Herzegovina, on World Art Day 2020, hosted by Foundation 787 and supported by Swiss EP.The pricing webinar “Three Dimensions of Profitable Pricing” provided an opportunity to consider pricing policies from three different perspectives: calculating all costs to ensure breakeven or profit; the effect of pricing on customer perceptions; and options for adding value, plus selling or licensing intellectual property.
The pricing webinar enabled participants to consider:
• Pricing in relation to costs and profits. The economics of pricing, including calculating minimum prices to break even and making allowance for distribution channels.
• Pricing, perceptions and market positioning. How pricing affects customers’ perceptions of you and your products in relation to other
products and producers.
• Pricing the options and ‘bundle of benefits’. How pricing relates to what exactly is being sold, including aspects of selling and licensing intellectual property.
Extra information on Pricing
In addition to delivering the webinar and answering questions, David provided webinar participants to the following relevant articles on his website and blog:
– How to Calculate Prices in the Creative Industries (link…)
– Raise your Prices! (link…)
– Increase Prices with a Winning Marketing Strategy (link…)
– Don’t Discount Prices (link…)
– Creative Passion, Competition and Pricing [Video] (link…)
– Financial Support for your Business (link…)
– The Cost of Time (link…)
– The Overheads of your Creative Business (link…)
– What are you Selling, Really? (link…)
– Don’t sell it, rent it! (link…)
– Bundle services into packages to increase prices and profits (link…)
Also, David’s marketing book ‘Chase One Rabbit: Strategic Marketing for Business Success’ has a complete section on pricing.
Some free extracts from sections of the book are available online, plus reviews, videos and links to buy the book in the paperback, ebook and audiobook versions.
Testimonials from webinar participants
“In order to mark 2020 World Arts Day, Foundation 787 launched campaign celebrating women in creative industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina and providing them with content and tools to thrive. One of the important elements of the campaign was webinar held with David Parrish on pricing in this industry. In this interactive session, David elaborated on three important dimensions of pricing while giving a number of relatable examples. Over 50 participants engaged in fruitful discussion, which went significantly over the envisioned time-frame depicting in the best manner sparked interest and relevance of inputs, especially in the times of crisis caused by COVID-19. It was true pleasure collaborate with David in a thorough preparation process and the implementations itself. We are looking forward to collaborating again.”
– Dajana Dzindo, Executive Director, Foundation 787, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“It was very helpful with many practical examples and tips that I will certainly use in my work. Thank you, David!”
– Nevena Pandza, entrepreneur from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
“This webinar was filled with excellent examples and useful advices. The educative conversation also confirmed some of my business strategies that I was not so sure about. Also, it was really important for me to hear that even David made mistakes in doing business and that that is completely normal. I’ll apply some advices for sure and we all know that good advice is worth more than anything these days.”
– Sabina Skenderovic Bukvic, entrepreneur from Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
“Honoured by the opportunity to listen and take advices from one of the best experts in the creative industry!”
– Selma Imamović, entrepreneur from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
– Sunita Dizdar Hodzic, entrepreneur from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The pricing webinar follows from David’s previous work in Bosnia and Herzegovina with Swiss EP at Swisscontact, which included workshops, presentations and advice meetings at SPARK Business Park in Mostar, workshops at Innovation Centre Banja Luka (ICBL), and an interactive business training workshop at Foundation Networks in Sarajevo. David also gave a marketing lecture at International Burch University in Sarajevo. Subsequently David was appointed as a startup mentor at SPARK Business Park in Mostar.
David has designed a range of creative business training workshops which he has delivered in various countries around the world.
Creative business training workshops also draw on material in David’s books. Signed paperback copies of his books are sometimes included with the training workshop materials that participants take away to use in their creative businesses and cultural enterprises. Copies of books can be supplied for creative industries training workshops by arrangement.
David has delivered his ‘Designing Your Creative Business’ workshop internationally using his DYCB Toolkit publication.
He has delivered workshops and presentations for the British Council Creative Economy Unit and the British Council internationally in Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Chile, China, Georgia, Lithuania, the Philippines, Taiwan, Ukraine, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
Read some client testimonials and recommendations from people all around the world who have commissioned David as a training workshop leader, keynote speaker or business adviser.
“You know the workshop was great when you have to kindly ask people to leave the premises because the building is closing soon. David is the only speaker who managed to evoke such interest in young entrepreneurs, and we had a wide range of international speakers and businessmen visit us. Combination of expert knowledge, enormous experience, and unique eloquence are what make David ‘a must-have’ in every accelerator/organization/event/conference.”
Ajla Fijuljanin. Foundation Networks. Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Read about other events, webinars, interviews, resources and business advice, which are part of David’s response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 Crisis. The page includes videos of past events as well as notice of forthcoming events, plus some suggestions for future collaborations (more…)
If you like this page and want to say thanks, or encourage me to publish more free information for creative entrepreneurs, you can buy me a coffee!