The ‘Designing Your Creative Business’ workshops and associated toolkit have been designed by David and are delivered internationally. He has delivered ‘Designing Your Creative Business (DYCB) workshops in the UK and worldwide, including countries as diverse as Taiwan, Spain, Brazil, Thailand, Indonesia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ireland, Portugal, Serbia and Vietnam.
- The DYCB workshop was used in a project with the Taiwan Design Center in Taipei and the British Council Taiwan, supported by TAITRA.
- In Brazil, DYCB workshops have been delivered to help creative entrepreneurs in Rio de Janeiro and Nova Friburgo.
- The DYCB workshop has also been used on several occasions to support creative entrepreneurs in the Bizkaia Creaktiva project with Creativity Zentrum in Bilbao, Spain.
- In Bosnia & Herzegovina, a DYCB workshop was hosted by SPARK Business Park in Mostar, sponsored by Swiss EP.
- DYCB workshops were delivered in Vietnam, in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, in partnership with the British Council and Creative Hanoi.
- A short business development workshop for creative enterprises in Donegal, Ireland, used the DYCB toolkit as a framework.
- In Portugal, the DYCB workshop and toolkit was used as a basis for two ‘Action Talk’ interactive creative business training workshops in Porto, at Livraria Lello.
‘Designing Your Creative Business’ workshop
Comments from client Creativity Zentrum – and workshop participants – about the ‘Designing Your Creative Business’ workshop for creative entrepreneurs in Bilbao, Spain.
The Designing Your Creative Business™ process of enterprise development is suitable for both established and new creative businesses.
The workshops use the DYCB Toolkit publication.
Workshops are highly interactive and participants are encouraged to discuss issues in groups and engage in discussion with the course leader. Workshops take place in a friendly and supportive atmosphere to enable participants to obtain maximum benefit from the interactive learning experience.
By the end of the workshop, participants have had an opportunity to:
- review their business objectives and clarified their goals, in terms of personal ambitions, values and business development.
- analyse the characteristics of their enterprise and how they can play to their strengths in a competitive environment
- evaluate opportunities and threats for their business
- devise a Unique Business Formula for their own enterprise
- draft a business strategy and identified strategic action points
- create an action plan to put the results of the workshop into practice immediately
David also has designed and delivered other training workshops on a range of business management subjects. These include marketing, leadership, financial management, intellectual property, pricing and international business.