David delivered a Creative Pricing workshop for creative entrepreneurs at the INDIE WORKERS’ Bootcamp in Porto, Portugal.
The workshop provided an opportunity to consider pricing policies from three different perspectives: calculating all costs to ensure breakeven or profit; the effect of pricing on customer perceptions; and options for selling or licensing intellectual property.
The Creative Pricing workshop enabled participants to consider:
• Pricing in relation to costs and profits. The economics of pricing, including calculating minimum prices to break even and making allowance for distribution channels.
• Pricing, perceptions and market positioning. How pricing affects customers’ perceptions of you and your products in relation to other
products and producers.
• Pricing the options and ‘bundle of benefits’. How pricing relates to what exactly is being sold, including aspects of selling and licensing intellectual property.
“The workshop was useful, actionable and interesting. David was dynamic, attentive, available for questions, interesting. Thank you. Great work.”
Gonçalo Hall. Remote Work Movement.
In addition to the workshop content, David referred workshop participants to the following relevant articles on his website and blog:
– How to Calculate Prices in the Creative Industries (link…)
– Raise your Prices! (link…)
– Increase Prices with a Winning Marketing Strategy (link…)
– Don’t Discount Prices (link…)
– Creative Passion, Competition and Pricing [Video] (link…)
– Financial Support for your Business (link…)
– The Cost of Time (link…)
– The Overheads of your Creative Business (link…)
– What are you Selling, Really? (link…)
“David facilitated 2 workshops – Creative Pricing and Creative Business Strategy – at Porto INDIE WORKERS Bootcamp 2019 and both sessions were much appreciated by the participants. In fact, we received numerous spontaneous feedback notes thanking for the precious and inspiring content that David delivered.
For us, as an organization, it was a pleasure to work with David, always available and easy-going, with a tremendous sense of responsibility and professionalism.
Also, always a nice company and relevant presence in all networking moments, totally engaged in making new contacts, giving attention and time to all the involved in the event.
We surely invite David again to participate as a speaker in our next events!”
Tânia Santos, Indie Workers / CRU Cowork, Porto-Portugal
“The workshop was very insightful and far too short as I would love to continue discussions with David for hours. Very honest and authentic experience, without buzzwords. As a result of the workshop I will use these insights in my business strategy to make more calculated decisions about my value.”
Emīl Blūm. Designer.
David has designed a range of creative business training workshops which he has delivered in various countries around the world.
Creative business training workshops also draw on material in David’s books. Signed paperback copies of his books are sometimes included with the training workshop materials that participants take away to use in their creative businesses and cultural enterprises. Copies of books can be supplied for creative industries training workshops by arrangement.
He has delivered workshops and presentations for the British Council Creative Economy Unit and the British Council internationally in Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Chile, China, Georgia, Lithuania, the Philippines, Taiwan, Ukraine, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
Read some client testimonials and recommendations from people all around the world who have commissioned David as a training workshop leader, keynote speaker or business adviser.